Thursday, October 3, 2013

This is not a summary.

I had absolutely no idea that it has been THREE years since I added anything to this blog.

There is no way for me to catch anyone up, and since I don't really think anyone reads this, I am just going to jump right in.

Halloween is coming and my kids are all crazy. Abby, who has historically wanted to be a cat (all black and mean) or a witch (Wearing all black and mean) has decided that she wants t be a princess. I find this hilarious. I am thrilled she will be wearing the Cinderella costume that Zoe got from my Aunt Eleanor at Disney World.

Speaking of Abby, she is almost four. She knows a lot of letter sounds but what she knows the most is herself. She says hilarious things like, "you are taking so much longer than a jiffy" and one day recently threw a fit when I woudn't let her drive the car. The tantrums are intense, emotional and completely, utterly illogical. I am able to laugh about them later, mostly because she is my second child and I am mostly immune to being swept up in the crazy.

Zoe is just as smart and empathetic as I expected her to be. Possibly she is even more than that. She is having a sleepover party with six friends next Friday for her birthday. It's very exciting. We have pedicures, facial masks and dancing planned. She just finished the first Harry Potter book. I knew that she would love it as much as I do. She figures out the most amazing things about people and picks up on so much. And then she is completely oblivious the next day to something I assumed she knew. I love this complicated dichotomy of personality traits. She is definitely my girl and so much like me that sometimes I worry that she will make some of my mistakes. And then I watch her do something or hear her say something and realize that she is so much better than me that it will never be an issue.

Penelope is all sweetness and sunshine. Until she is not. She loves all of us with a vengeance and is doing all the crazy things an 18 month old does. She laughs, dances and runs everywhere. She has become absolutely amazing at sign language because she has completely given up trying to get a word in edgewise around her sisters. She just catches my eye and sings what she wants or gives them a look that clearly says, "oh puh-lease".

I hope to continue to update this but if not, at least my kids will see a snapshot of them on this random day.
Also, this picture is not a metaphor. 



No comments:

Post a Comment