Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Suprises of the best kind.

Thursday afternoon, while I was cleaning the house trying to distract myself from the whole deployment thing, the dog suddenly started barking out the window. I peeked out the window, only to discover my best friend Jessica waking across my driveway. I nearly propelled myself out barefoot on sharp rocks and probably scared the heck out of my neighbors with my screaming! What an amazing friend, she came to be here for Zoe's birthday!

We had a whirlwind weekend of activities, restaurants and scenery. We covered all the way North to Bainbridge Island and across the sound on the ferry into Seattle. We also worked in a Harvest Dance and dinner at a Thai restaurant. I have some wonderful memories to take away from the weekend, there was a lot of laughing and reminiscing. Truly great for the soul.

But oh the rain, rain rain! It has been nonstop and doens't show any signs of letting up. We lost power yesterday in our town, including the school. Apparently this is a common occurence. I am learning all about living through a winter on an acre of land with a hundred trees, and a (electrically powered) well pump and a septic tank. It is actually really enpwering for me to be able to trek in the wood and build fires!

No comments:

Post a Comment